Our client, a leading International Bank, are seeking an experienced Trade Finance professional to join their Trade Finance Middle Office at VP level to work within their city location.
You will be responsible for the management of complex and structured facilities on behalf of Trade Finance Middle Office during both pre and post mandate phases. This role is responsible for ensuring that during relevant deal phases, facility terms and conditions reflect the departments and the organisations capabilities in terms of practices, policies and systems etc. The VP is responsible for making sure that once on-boarded, the facilities are accurately recorded, appropriately documented and executed at all times in accordance with agreements.
Main Responsibilities of the Trade Finance Middle Office VP:
- Lead SME on complex/Structured facilities as assigned by the Desk Head of CSTF.
- Perform reviews of facility & security documentation from an operational perspective challenging non-standard clauses and ensuring workability in line with bank procedures, policy and systems.
- Ensure smooth and efficient handling of facilities post mandate, focusing primarily on transactional secured facilities, and allocating tasks where necessary to meet tight deadlines.
- Ensure Facilities can be operated smoothly and efficiently by accurately capturing key details for execution and control.
- Lead daily interactions with respective stake holders such as clients, Relationship managers, Product offices and operational units.
- Assist Desk Head with the allocation of all inward communications according to the importance of subject matter with an emphasis on client centricity and prioritisation.
- Lead training initiatives and provide guidance to junior staff in relation to specific transactions/projects in order to enhance their product knowledge and ensure that deals are processed within approved parameters.
- Verify and validate transactions to ensure precise and correct instructions are delivered to the appropriate Teams for accurate error free execution.
- Provide technical and operational assistance to all stakeholders including, Team members, clients, Relationship Managers, branches and operational units
Skills & Experience required of the Trade Finance Middle Office VP:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar SME role within a financial institution or institution familiar or active in the standard Trade Finance suite of products. Operational knowledge of transactional secured facilities essential.
- Proficient in up-to-date market standards and practices e.g. ISP98, UCP600, e-UCP, URDG, Incoterms)
- Ability to determine the effectiveness of designated collateral when offered or required as security to the Bank