Our client, one of the world’s largest international banks, are looking for a for a VP OR AVP Loan Corporate Actions professional to join their busy London based Global Market Loans Operations team.
Main Responsibilities of the Loan Corporate Actions professional:
- Comprehensive review and management of loan corporate actions requests for the Global Markets Credit Trading desk
- Manage corporate action requests; coordinate with the Desk Analysts, Traders, Credit teams & Legal (internal & external counsel)
- Work with agent banks, sub part clients and open trade counterparts to notify them of corporate action events, handle queries and organize their responses
- Work closely with other internal and external teams: Loan Servicing, Loan Closing, Legal, Conflicts, Compliance, Tax, Notaries, Courts and Agent Banks
- Ensure transactions are prioritized and completed within a timely manner and before deadlines
- Log transactions on registers, maintain and organize related correspondence on shared drives and regularly reconcile vault deposits
- Be aware of operational risk and the ability to self-identify opportunities to improve / reduce risk exceptions
- Provide support to the confidentiality agreements team, helping to draft, negotiate and execute Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Review power of attorneys and organise the notarization and apostilling of the docs with external notary
- Facilitate the mechanics and bookings of complex restructures to ensure a smooth process flow.
Skills required of the VP Loan Corporate Actions professional:
- Investment Banking experience
- Any loans or Global Banking and Markets knowledge
- Competent user of Microsoft Office – including Word and Excel.
- Loan Market Association guidelines familiarity
- A good level of understanding of the secondary loan trading market and the forms of documentation used
- Legal background or handling of legal documents would be an advantage