We have a fantastic opportunity for a Trade Finance Assistant to join the London branch of a successful International banking group, on a temporary basis.
Main Responsibilities of the Trade Finance Assistant:
- Process formal checks on export documents presented by the Borrower together with the drawdown request. Cross checks have to be performed on: invoices; bill of lading; packing list and other transport and customs documents.
- Check that all documents under the Policy/Guarantee under the Interest Make-up Agreement are received and in line with the payment terms
- Organise and maintain pdf and paper files for the transaction in an efficient manner.
- Arrange and attend conference calls when required.
- Other tasks might be assigned from time to time depending on the workload of the unit
Skills required of the Trade Finance Assistant:
- Previous Trade finance experience required
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to deliver high work standards within the team.
- Good communication skills.
- Previous experience with export documentation checks in banks or companies will be a plus;
- Familiarity with transport documents such as Bill of Landing, packing list. customs bills. certificate of origin etc.