Our client, a leading global bank, is looking for an ambitious, experienced Trade Finance Officer to join their trade finance team on a temporary basis, initially. The successful candidate will slot into their busy team to help support across all operational aspects of trade finance products.
Day to Day tasks of the successful Trade Finance Officer:
- The products used within the team are; Letters of Credit, Supply Chain Finance – Receivables Finance, Structured Trade and Commodity Finance, Guarantees and Standby Letters of Credit.
- Performance of all operational aspects of trade finance products in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Identification of financial crime in trade products and the commercial trade flows that they finance is a key aspect of the role that has grown significantly across recent years.
- Main external relationships would be – customer relationships, logistical companies and financial institutions
- Assist to maintain appropriate business contingency plans to restore operations in an efficient and controlled manner.
- Assist to collate business volumes.
Experience required of the successful Trade Finance Officer:
- Technical knowledge and understanding of traditional trade finance products such as:
- Documentary Letters of Credit
- Documentary Collections
- Discounted Receivables – bills of exchange, promissory notes, invoices