Our client, a leading global bank, is looking for an ambitious Loan Closer to lead a team of 3.
Responsibilities of the Successful Team Leader Loan Closing Candidate:
- The primary responsibility of the Team Leader is to support the Banks Origination and Distribution teams, ensuring timely execution of documentation in relation to Primary Syndication and Secondary Trading transactions.
- Reviewing and understanding syndicated credit agreements with specific focus on transfer mechanics.
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting LMA standard documents and other trade-related documents including confirmations, assignment agreements and participation agreements.
- Coordinating with internal and external legal counsel to agree to proposed changes to trade documents.
- Identifying and escalating issues to the front office trading teams , internal legal counsel and operations management.
- Working directly with counterparties, internal partners and external Agents to resolve issues and ensure timely closure.
- Creating and understanding key metrics reporting for daily / weekly / monthly reporting of open / closed / new trade population.
- Coordinating timely and precise trade settlement with various settlement groups across the Bank.
- Review and approve all lending documentation, ensuring operational aspects are controllable and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Execution and approval of consistency check between lending documentation and credit approval in GBR, providing final sign off of Key Terms & Conditions, including fulfilment of credit conditions.
- Development of procedures and business process flows with Front Office & Finance Dept for unstructured transactions, ensuring booking methodology is agreed and understood.
- Escalation of the risk issues impacting transactions, both from an internal policy perspective and from a regulatory perspective, allowing for acknowledgment and acceptance where required.
- Providing technical operational subject matter expertise to front office departments and team members to support the successful completion of transactions.
- Constructively challenge and influence change to enhance business performance for the Section and Department to ensure best practice is established.
- Mentor staff and support training initiatives be engaging in proactive measurement of staff performance, including staff appraisals and training initiatives.
- You will be a subject matter expert overseeing the day-to-day operations of Primary and Secondary trading across EMEA. You feel confident managing a team, and happily provide a central point of subject matter expertise in this area.
Your Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong Loan Closing experience
- Exposure to working with key business stakeholders at all levels within the firm.
- An excellent understanding of standard Loan Market Association documentation.
- Excellent knowledge of the LMA market to include the full suite of primary and secondary loan closing activities.
- knowledge of ClearPar.