Our client, a global tier one bank, is looking for an experienced VP Loans Agency Transaction Manager to join their middle office team, acting as facility agent on a number bespoke deals.
VP Loans Agency Transaction Manager Role Purpose:
- Involvement with senior stakeholders/business heads, meeting with business to discuss new deal flows and attending front office pipeline meetings
- Negotiate complex points with lawyers and clients and provide solutions when Loans Agency is unable to assume a responsibility as expected by the client
- Act as an escalation point within the team when staff need assistance
- Review the most complex facility documentation, particularly with new types of product, negotiate the terms and conditions, and establish the procedures to handle them
- Attend meetings/calls with Front Office personnel to ensure understanding of the responsibilities of the Agent role for individual transactions.
- Provide guidance to clients and business where required
- Co-ordinate with business partners in other products to arrange transactions to meet clients’ requirements
- Anticipate clients’ needs and problems that may occur and warn less experienced team members of the potential pitfalls and how to avoid them with the right documentation and procedures
- Review and manage complex waiver/amendment/restructuring requests
- Manage complex actual or potential Events of Default. Take the lead in negotiating on syndicate’s behalf where necessary, and oversee calls and meetings with syndicate
- Co-ordinate and lead event driven calls with lenders/lawyers
- Take a key role as a senior SME and have the necessary technical skills to deliver a superior service to, and build relationships with, stakeholders; help manage the workflows across the team, providing guidance, sharing knowledge, and mentoring the less experienced members of the team.
- Manage own portfolio of deals
Experience required of the successful VP loans Agency Transaction Manager;
A confident, professional syndicated loans documentation expert with extensive experience, and comprehensive understanding of all facets of syndicated loans business relating to documentation and the Facility Agent role. Experience required includes:
- Experience of the facility agent, and any legal, regulatory, credit, or financial restrictions
- Risks the facility agent is exposed to
- Common market and business practices
- Structure of the different types of facility
- Commercial aspects of the different types of business
- Debt workout situations