Our global client, based in London, is looking for a confident, professional, Senior Loans Agency Transaction Manager to join the Transaction Management department. With extensive experience and a comprehensive understanding of all facets of syndicated loans, you will be able to comfortably manage a portfolio of complex structured deals whilst providing guidance and support to internal and external business partners, as well as the operations team.
Responsibilities of the Senior Loans Agency Transaction Manager:
- Involvement with senior stakeholders/business heads, meeting with the business to discuss new deal flows and attending front office pipeline meetings
- Negotiate complex points with lawyers and clients and provide solutions when Loans Agency is unable to assume responsibility as expected by the client
- Review the most complex facility documentation, particularly with new types of product, negotiate the terms and conditions, and establish the procedures to handle them, providing a template for future deals of a similar structure.
- Attend meetings/calls with Front Office personnel to ensure understanding of the responsibilities of the Agent role for individual transactions.
- Provide guidance to clients and business where required
- Act as an escalation point within the team when staff need assistance
- Review and manage complex waiver/amendment/restructuring requests
- Manage complex actual or potential Events of Default. Take the lead in negotiating on syndicate’s behalf where necessary, and oversee calls and meetings with syndicate
- Co-ordinate and lead event driven calls with lenders/lawyers
- Take a key role as a senior SME and have the necessary technical skills to deliver a superior service to, and build relationships with, stakeholders; help manage the workflows across the team, providing guidance, sharing knowledge, and mentoring the less experienced members of the team.
- Manage own portfolio of deals
Experience the successful Senior Loans Agency Transaction Manager:
- Responsibilities of the facility agent, and any legal, regulatory, credit, or financial restrictions
- Risks the facility agent is exposed to
- LMA and LSTA loan documentation
- Common market and business practices
- Commercial aspects of the different types of business
- Roles of other parties to syndicated loan documentation e.g. Security Agent, Collateral Agent, Account Bank, Intercreditor Agent, Arranger
- Debt workout situations
- Industry initiatives and changes