A hands-on role, the successful applicant would be required to manage their own portfolio of loans whilst providing supervisory oversight for the team.
This is a role for a seasoned professional with experience of verifying or authorising work within either Loans Admin, Loans Agency OR a Loan settlement role.
The Loan Settlements Senior Analyst is responsible for processing the daily settlements of LMA par trades closed in the secondary market.
Commitments held with Agent banks must also be serviced in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring accurate bookings of drawdowns, rate fixings, fees etc.
The jobholder will deal with scheduled and unscheduled events, some of a complex nature, and must ensure issues and queries are quickly resolved in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures.
This is an area where timely/efficient and accurate settlement significantly impacts the reputation of the firm and the franchise of the desk. The jobholder will liaise with Loan Closers, Counterparties, Agent banks, and various internal departments to ensure timely and professional settlement of trades.
- Ensuring all BAU activities are completed within deadlines, ensuring processes & controls are adhered to
- Action/authorise/supervise the daily loan settlement processing across the EMEA region
- Act as referral point for the team and provide guidance and training where necessary
- Support the Section Head in decision making and strategic planning.
- Settlement of LMA par trades within the secondary loan market and continuous maintenance of commitments held with Agent banks.
- Accurate booking of Loans, Fees, Rate-Fixing, Settlements, Commitments and Sub Participations
- Scheduled and unscheduled events, some of a complex nature, to be resolved in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures.
- Monitoring/tracking/reporting of all trade settlements using appropriate workflow tools
- Escalating control gaps and issues to senior management
- Build relationships throughout the business to establish a peer network.
- Resolving complex problems where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of loan procedures and industry standards.
- Assist in UAT testing of projects and new enhancements
- Seek to improve operational procedures and controls within the group. Identify weakness, articulate these and offer up solutions.
- At least 5 years experience of Loans Admin, Loans Agency or loan settlements
- Extensive knowledge of loan product and servicing
- Very good understanding of common market practices.
- Experience of verifying or authorising the work of others.
- Ability and willingness to work in a structured, high paced environment, with daily routine operations.
- Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Strong awareness of risk and control framework.