Our client a tier one London based Investment Bank is looking for a Loan Operations professional at AVP level to join their newly established team.
The Senior Loan Operations candidate will be part of the EMEA Lending Operations team supporting the loan portfolio where the bank acts as a Lender. This is a hands-on role, facilitating complex client onboarding, data management, and quality control throughout the lifecycle of the loan. The Senior Loan Operations candidate will be responsible for supporting the origination, onboarding and ongoing maintenance of the EMEA loan portfolio.
Main Responsibilities of the Senior Loan Operations Associate:
- Key responsibility for the set-up of new Loan facilities
- Involved in the day-to-day management of loan lifecycle events e.g. interest payments, repayments
- Resolving complex problems where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of loan procedures and industry standards
- Seeks to improve operational procedures and controls within the group, understands and monitors errors to suggest solutions to reduce errors, and to adhere to audit and control policies
- Participates in and supports the implementation of projects and process improvement initiatives
- Escalating control gaps and issues to senior management
- Build relationships throughout the business to establish a peer network.
Skills and Experience of the Senior Loan Operations Associate:
- Knowledge of syndicated or bilateral loans, including an understanding of legal documentation, funding mechanics, deal structure and funding requirements
- Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Demonstrable market risk, operational risk and control awareness.
- Attention to detail / high level of accuracy
- Must think independently and take ownership for the resolution of any potential issues