Our client, a global tier 1 bank is looking for an experienced candidate to join their Secondary Loans Settlements team, to manage the settlement of LMA Par Trades within the secondary loan market.
The successful candidate will have strong Loans Administration experience OR exposure to secondary loan settlements.
You will feel comfortable processing the daily settlements, ensuring accurate bookings of drawdowns, and dealing with scheduled and unscheduled events. With a keen eye for detail, you will be able to quickly resolve queries and issues, and confidently liaise with Loan Closers, Counterparties, Agent Banks and internal departments.
Responsibilities of the Secondary Loan Settlement AVP:
- Ensuring all BAU activities are completed within deadlines, ensuring processes & controls are adhered to
- Settlement of LMA par trades within the secondary loan market and continuous maintenance of commitments held with Agent banks.
- Accurate booking of Loans, Fees, Rate-Fixing, Settlements, Commitments and Sub Participations
- Scheduled and unscheduled events, some of a complex nature, to be resolved in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures.
- Monitoring/tracking/reporting of all trade settlements using appropriate workflow tools
- Escalating control gaps and issues to senior management
- Build relationships throughout the business to establish a peer network.
- Resolving complex problems where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of loan procedures and industry standards.
- Assist in UAT testing of projects and new enhancements
- Seek to improve operational procedures and controls within the group. Identify weaknesses, articulate these and offer up solutions.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 3 years experience of secondary loan settlements and / or Loans Administration
- Extensive knowledge of loan product and servicing specifics for syndicated loans, secondary loans trading OR secondary loan settlements.
- Very good understanding of common market practices.
- Ability and willingness to work in a structured, high paced environment, with daily routine operations.
- Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Strong awareness of risk and control framework.