Our client, a large international Bank is seeking a Secondary Loan settlements Analyst to support their middle office Loan closing team based in London.
Main Responsibilities of the Secondary Loan settlements Analyst:
- Reconciling P&L on all deals under management, overseeing and managing the loan IQ and agency deal register, providing support to the front office for transactional queries, managing client queries, and providing support and expertise to the loan markets middle office.
- Delivering a deep level of technical expertise on loan servicing events to customers and stakeholders, including an understanding of Loan Market Association standards and legal loan documentation and an understanding of loan trading, legal requirements and associated controls.
- Providing technical expertise and guidance in managing a multi-million pound deal for all structured finance portfolios including Project and Export Finance, Leveraged Finance, Real Estate Finance and Corporate
- Upholding the bank’s position in managing a portfolio of complex loans, including managing the risk in processing these transactions and mitigating any financial loss
- Creating operational plans and monitoring real time performance to achieve productivity targets in line with forecasted predictions
- Supporting, delivering and identifying continuous improvement plans, working with internal stakeholders to simplify processes, eliminate rework, deliver a right first time output and reduce complaints
- Owning, developing and maintaining relationships with key business stakeholders across the bank and with external parties and other financial institutions, sharing insight, best practice and knowledge
Experience required of the Secondary Loan settlements Analyst:
- Background of the trading settlement process.
- In-depth knowledge of products and services, and significant experience of working in a commercial banking environment.
- Skilled in product life cycle processes, with the ability to use your own judgement and make decisions to deliver the most appropriate outcomes for both customers and the bank within established timescales.
- Experience in loan IQ is an advantage but not essential
- Client onboarding knowledge, including KYC
- Experience in a control environment
- Excellent collaboration and stakeholder engagement skills.