Our client, one of the largest financial groups in the world, is looking for an experienced, bi-lingual (French and Spanish) Loans Middle Office team member to support the various front offices across the EMEA region.
About this position:
The Loans Middle Office supports various front offices across the banks EMEA region in the delivery of new business opportunities whilst ensuring facility limits are input, updated in accordance with credit policy and from an Operations perspective.
Main Responsibilities for the Successful Loans Middle Office Candidate:
- Review loan agreements from an Operational lens to ensure the mechanics of the facility can be supported.
- Provide feedback to the Front Office from an Operations perspective on draft agreements for consideration when finalising the detail of the facility.
- Extract data points from the loan agreement to enable event management during the loan trade cycle.
- Input of facility data upon signing/activation of a loan agreement, creating a credit line and input of collateral.
- Ensure Bank’s SOX processes relating to deal origination are followed.
- Log any future updates highlighted in loan documentation e.g. to fees, margin and extension of maturity date in the electronic diary.
- Be proactive in resolving queries within the team or escalating appropriately.
- Act upon approved credit applications or e-mail correspondence in a timely manner ensuring any reports/conditions are updated accurately within the banks systems.
- All system approvals are to be completed on the same day as the update is performed.
- Accurately produce monthly reports and circulate.
- Assist in project related work, with the ability to suggest enhancements to a given process or procedure.
Experience Required for the Loans Middle Office Candidate
- French – advanced/fluent
- Spanish – advanced/fluent
- Experience of reviewing loan agreements.
- Experience working in front, middle or back office Loans environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst still being able to produce neat, accurate work and communicate clearly and effectively with others.
- Be a strong team player that can demonstrate excellent attention to detail, whilst moving from task to task without the loss of accuracy.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and driven to improve business practices.