Our client, one of the largest financial groups in the world, is looking for a proactive, motivated, and experienced Loans Middle Office AVP to join their thriving team. The successful candidate will support the front offices across the EMEA region and deliver new business opportunities whilst ensuring facility limits are input / updated in accordance with credit policy and from an Operations perspective.
You have strong decision-making skills that enable you to work well under pressure to prioritise work throughout the day. You work well both as part of a larger team, as well as independently and utilise your calm approach to keep cool in a fast-paced environment.
As a single point of contact to EMEA Front Office Relationship Managers, Finance Department and key Operations/support teams, you will be able to help deliver an end- to-end financial solution, whilst also being encouraged to drive process improvements to create operational efficiency.
About this position:
In this role, you will have the responsibility to maintain accurate and timely operations. Particularly:
- Review loan agreements from an Operational lens to ensure the mechanics of the facility can be supported.
- Provide feedback to the Front Office from an Operations perspective on draft agreements for consideration when finalising the detail of the facility
- Extract data points from the loan agreement to enable event management during the loan trade cycle.
- Input of facility data upon signing/activation of a loan agreement, creating a credit line and input of collateral.
- Ensure Bank’s SOX processes relating to deal origination are followed.
- Log any future updates highlighted in loan documentation e.g. to fees, margin and extension of maturity date in the electronic diary.
- Be proactive in resolving queries within the team or escalating appropriately.
- Act upon approved credit applications or e-mail correspondence in a timely manner ensuring any reports/conditions are updated accurately within the banks systems.
- All system approvals are to be completed on the same day as the update is performed.
- Accurately produce monthly reports and circulate within 8 business days of each month end.
- Assist in project related work, with the ability to suggest enhancements to a given process or procedure.
Experience Required for the Loans Middle Office AVP Candidate:
- Experience of reviewing loan agreements.
- Experience working in front, middle or back office Loans environment.
- Be a strong team player that can demonstrate excellent attention to detail, whilst moving from task to task without the loss of accuracy.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and driven to improve business practices.