We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Loans Closing Associate to join a global Investment Banking company. Based in their busy London office the successful Loan Closer will work in partnership with various business teams to ensure efficient pre-trade due diligence, execution and settlement of loans.
Responsibilities of the Loans Closing Associate:
- Monitoring trading systems for new trades and confirming trades with outside clients
- Reviewing credit agreements and loan documentation to understand the requirements for deal specific transfers.
- Drafting, reviewing & negotiating transfer documents (including trade confirms & transfer certificates)
- Liaising with Legal, Compliance, Credit, Trading Desks, Agency and Servicing teams to ensure necessary approvals are obtained, pricing/cashflows are agreed, reconciled and settled within our system
- Co-ordinating of settlements with Client and Agents, ensuring all sign offs and approvals for transfer are obtained.
- Co-ordinating loan to loan and loan to private security restructures. This will involve working with Trading Desk, Controllers, Clients and Agents and Legal to confirm necessary documentation position updates.
- The role provides a high level of interaction with trading, sales and outside clients, as well as exposure to in-house lawyers, compliance, credit, regulatory teams and other Operations areas covering the trading desk.
Required Skills of the Loans Closing Associate:
- Knowledge of Bank Loans OR Loan Closing experience
- Experience of navigating Loan Credit Agreements highly advantageous but not essential
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong control mind set
- Team oriented approach – ability to work across functions outside of Operations
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility
- Professional approach and ability to communicate well directly with external parties