An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Loans Agency Operations Team Leader to join the London office of a very successful and busy Loans Agency business.
You will manage a portfolio of Loan Agency deals and a small portfolio of escrow/calculation agent transactions by providing post-closing administration services.
Main Responsibilities of the Loans Agency Team Leader:
- The successful candidate will be assigned a portfolio of active and pipeline deals and will be expected to:
- Help oversee the workflow of the team
- Set up deals in their books and records (LoanIQ is system of record for loan agency deals)
- Book loans and manage all loan related activity such as interest and fee payments, drawdowns, rollovers, prepayments, ad hoc payments etc.
- Administer waivers and amendments
- Assist transfer processors with processing of lender transfers if required
- Manage ad hoc waterfalls and distributions for escrow/paying agency product
- Respond to lender and borrower queries/requests
- Work very closely with Relationship Managers and management on ad hoc deal requests and projects
Skills required of the Loans Agency Team Leader:
- Minimum 3 years of loan servicing (preferably loan agency) experience
- Understanding of LMA loan agreements, specifically thorough knowledge of operational provisions
- Ability to calculate loan interest, fees and to process drawdowns, rollovers etc
- LoanIQ and Intralinks knowledge preferable
- Quick learner and have the ability to take initiative and work well unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Strong work ethic, a proactive approach and a can do mentality
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Team player