We have an exciting opportunity for a Loans Agency Documentation Associate to join one of the largest international banks within their EMEA base in London.
The agency team is responsible for post closure management of all transactions where the EMEA area of the bank act as Agent and this includes all communications with debt providers, export credit and multilateral agencies, legal counsel, specialist advisers and project sponsors.
The bank participates in the LMA Agent’s group which meets regularly to discuss and drive documentation and process improvement in the Loan Market.
The team manage a portfolio of transactions which range from £50m to over £13.0bn involving a wide variety of lenders globally, from syndicates of 20 banks to larger global facilities involving over 200 institutions. Portfolio includes Leverage, Project finance and corporate transactions.
Main responsibilities of the Loans Agency Documentation Associate:
Documentation driven processes
- Loan documentation review and commenting pre signing
- Deal onboarding – following Conditions precedent/making deal effective
- Margin changes triggered by performance related events i.e. compliance cert/ratings change notifying lenders on Debtdomain
- Maintaining financial and reporting covenant diaries
- Managing with borrower of all covenant deliverables
- Distribution of covenants to the lenders
- Liaising with lenders on their financial and deal questions i.e. company performance/deal impact /liaise with lawyers and advisors on their behalf.
- Relationship management of the borrower/lenders – providing guidance on the agreement processes.
- Managing consents and waivers with Borrower
- Managing and obtaining responses from lenders on consents and waivers.
- Documentation execution after initial signing.
- Acting as Security Agent where applicable.
- Assist in work delegation and controlling
- Checking and signing as required
Skills required of the successful Loans Agency Documentation Associate:
- Agency/Loans Business Experience is essential
- It is vital to have basic knowledge in Corporate or Project Finance
- Business Awareness
- Team Working
- Relationship Management