Our client, a global bank located in London, is looking for an experienced Loans Agency Associate to join their middle office team who currently work a hybrid model of 3 days working from home. The successful candidate will carry out daily operational and oversight activities in relation to a book of syndicated loans.
Responsibilities of the Loans Agency Associate:
- Review of the documentation from an operational perspective
- Manage Deal and Facility setup in Loan IQ
- Coordination with the Client Service and Transaction Manager on the operational aspects of the closing process (initial drawdown / fees, conditions precedent etc)
- Coordination with operational City Sites for static data set up including SSI’s and Call Back.
- Coordination with City Site ops team to ensure key static has been set up in a timely manner.
- Perform Quality Assurance function on new deal set up and amendments.
- Review of the documentation from an operational perspective.
- Set up Deal in Loan IQ for new transactions and complex amendments based on the facility agreement.
- Co-ordinate and process Leverage / Par trading with syndications and trade queries / settlements
- Checking secondary Loan/Claim documents and settlement of trades.
- Managing & maintaining Ancillary carves outs and movements.
- Prepare and manage drawdown, rollover, margin adjustment, repricing prepayments and Prepayments on complex transactions.
- Checking and Releasing Cash flows
- Reconciliations and Investigations
- Margin changes (Maintaining ratios, Covenants)
- Fee settlement & Billing (Commitment, Utilisation, SBLC, Waiver, Agency & Upfront)Strong understanding of and adherence to all regulatory requirements (DFA / EMIR / FATCA / MiFID etc)
- Establish and support strong relationships with key individuals in the client’s management team
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Hold a sound knowledge of Loan IQ & a good understanding of the Syndicated Loan product
- Strong communication skills to deal with internal and external clients both written and verbally
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work, to ensure transaction deadlines are achieved
- Pro-active problem solving attitude
- Experience of primary syndication and/or secondary trading is desired but not essential