Our client, a global financial institution based in Central London, is looking for an experienced Loans Agency Team Leader, responsible for managing 4-8 Loan Agency Associates.
The Team Leader is responsible for overseeing the team with their responsibilities, including the timely analysis of syndicated loan documentation, negotiation of operational deal terms and interpretation with Transaction Management and their legal representatives, the on-boarding and ongoing servicing of new clients and managing through events of corporate default and insolvency.
In addition to oversight responsibilities and acting as an escalation point for issues, the Team Leader is also responsible for a specific portfolio of syndicated loan transactions.
Main Responsibilities of the Loans Agency Team Leader:
- Oversight and management of team members reporting directly into them.
- Responsible for deal allocation and onboarding to team and managing portfolio/workloads of team members
- Responsible for oversight of diary associated with their team.
- Responsible for ensuring that all client inboxes are reviewed throughout the day and a regular schedule is established with the team.
- Responsible for client escalation from team members and handling appropriately
- “Go To” resource for team member inquiries/issues.
- Liaison with global Team leaders for monthly team calls to discuss issues, best and consistent processes and practices, and information sharing.
- Management of account reconciliations for all account balances
- Due diligence with regards to potential fraud, money laundering, and both financial and reputational risk to the company
- Responsible for monthly 1:2:1 meeting with team members.
- Responsible for coordinating maker/checker function among team members on reviews of all payments, notifications, and calculations.
- Responsible for development of additional duties to enhance the company’s systems and processes, participating in global change workstreams and carrying out system testing as required.
- Processing drawdowns, rollovers, rate fixes, pre-payments, redemptions, and maturities.
- Inputting relevant data into internal system,
- Generating and sending notices to Borrowers and Lenders within specific timeframes.
- Receiving and checking SSI’s, initiating the call back process where necessary.
- Managing funds flow between Borrowers and Lenders.
- Waterfall Provisions – understand and apply waterfall payments and disbursement process.
- Agreements among Lenders – understand and apply servicing mechanics associated with this process.
- Letters of Credit – tracking and understanding process of establishing and renewal.
- Calculating and payment of principal repayments, interest, commitment, and other fees.
- Reconciling accounts.
- Handling of transfers ensuring requests comply with the transaction documentation and the collection of transfer fees. Understanding of deal documentation for inputting into the system or responding to Borrower / Lender queries.
Experience required of the successful Loans Agency Team Lead:
- 5 plus years’ experience of servicing a Loan portfolio as agent.
- Previous management experience either as a supervisor / team lead or manager.
- Thorough understanding of operational documentation