Our client, a large, successful multinational bank, are seeking a Loans Administration professional to join their London based Deal Execution Team who are responsible for all Loan servicing, and primary and secondary trade settlements across a wide range of deals.
The role involves dealing with all operational aspects of the lending portfolio and identifying any workflow issues as and when they may arise to ensure that a high quality, client focussed, control conscious product is delivered.
Main Responsibilities of the Loans Administration professional:
- Undertake the review of syndicated and bilateral multi-product loan agreements and any other documentation from an operational / technical perspective, ensuring that the banks standards and the latest LMA/LSTA templates are adhered to.
- Deal set-up in LoanIQ with reference to the facility documentation.
- Proactively manage the day-to-day workflows (e.g. drawdowns, rollovers, repayments, fees etc.) with support from the Centres of Excellence and Global Services & Operations Hubs.
- Drive excellence. Maintain a controlled environment and comply with all regulatory demands to ensure that an accurate and high-quality product is delivered within the dedicated timeframes.
- Identify any potential capacity issues and ensure that all controls and procedures are strictly followed to minimise error costs and operational lapses.
- Internal and external reporting requirements.
- Continually review day to day procedures to identify any process improvements and drive innovation.
- Participate in any project related tasks whilst ensuring timely delivery of input and at all key milestones and delivery dates are achieved.
Experience required of the Loans Administration professional:
- A minimum of 2 years Loan servicing experience
- Loan IQ is desirable but not essential
- A good understanding of operational documentation
- Outstanding client service: the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with both external and internal clients including the originating business and other departments within the Bank.
- Good organisational skills including the ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.