Our global client, based in London, is in the process of building a new lending team to centralise their portfolio throughout the CEMEA region in London. As such they are seeking an experienced Loan Administrator at AVP level to help establish the new Lending Operations team. Initially the role will encompass the creation of the new London hub, migrating the portfolio, and will then continue to be a hands-on role to facilitate complex client onboarding, data management and quality control throughout the lifecycle of the loan.
This role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Loans Administrator to develop their loans knowledge across the market, legal documentation, and loan administration among a growing team.
Responsibilities of the Loans Administration AVP:
- Assist in building of a new team within London and working with off-shored partners to migrate the portfolio into a new hub
- Key responsibility for the set-up of new Loan facilities, liaising with business partners and operational teams across the firm as necessary to ensure accurate and timely system set up
- Involved in the day-to-day management of loan lifecycle events e.g. interest payments, repayments
- Resolving complex problems where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of loan procedures and industry standards
- Seeks to improve operational procedures and controls within the group, understands and monitors errors to suggest solutions to reduce errors, and to adhere to audit and control policies
- Participates in and supports the implementation of projects and process improvement initiatives
- Escalating control gaps and issues to senior management
- Build relationships throughout the business to establish a peer network
Experience required of the Loans Administration AVP:
- Knowledge of syndicated or bilateral loans, including an understanding of legal documentation, funding mechanics, deal structure and funding requirements
- Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Demonstrable market risk, operational risk and control awareness.
- Ability to collaborate with team members within and outside of own team
- Ability to perform well in a dynamic and fast paced environment