We have a fantastic opportunity for a Loans Administration Assistant Team Leader to join the London office of a leading multinational bank.
Main Responsibilities of the Loans Administration Assistant Team Leader:
- Action/authorise/supervise the daily loan processing requirements (primarily as a participant) across the EMEA region;
- Act as referral point for Administrators and provide guidance and training where necessary;
- Support the Team Leaders and Section Head in decision making and strategic planning to ensure Section performs to fullest ability and requirements, defined by processes and procedures.
- Ensure syndicated and bilateral loan transactions are processed correctly and in a timely manner
- Provide support to the Team Leaders and Section Head to deliver key services to our front office clients
- Daily liaison with colleagues in the Marketing areas and Treasury Depts. manage the processing of Loan transactions;
- Frequent liaison with colleagues in other Operational areas to ensure timely setup and settlement of loan obligations;
- Daily liaison with external stakeholders namely financial institutions, bilateral customers and own inter-group companies.
- Referral and junior escalation point for 6-7 Administrators across the Team;
- Regular contact with Front areas to manage client queries.
- Input, check and approve, all appropriate loan transactions
- Ensure all key-controls are met during the day by closely monitoring queues, intra-day reports, etc.
- Manage/Monitor Payment Queues when allocated such responsibility;
- Seek ways to improve processes and increase STP without increasing risk including revision of Section Procedures and suggest improvements where appropriate;
Experience required of the Loans Administration Assistant Team Leader:
- Solid understanding of Loans Administration roles and responsibilities
- Conscientious nature to ensure that all work transacted is to the highest quality
- Confident in oral and written communication with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Able to adapt to continually changing daily requirements of the daily processing;
- Able to prioritise day to day responsibilities
- Being determined to continually challenge the status quo of existing processing methods
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team