We have a great opportunity for a hands on Loan Settlements AVP to join one of the largest International Banks based in London. Interviews will be held via video conference and you will initially be based from home.
You will be required to manage your own portfolio of loans whilst providing supervisory oversight for the team.
Main Responsibilities of the Loan Settlements AVP:
- Responsible for processing the daily settlements of LMA par trades closed in the secondary market.
- Commitments held with Agent banks must also be serviced in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring accurate bookings of drawdowns, rate fixings, fees etc.
- Deal with scheduled and unscheduled events, some of a complex nature, and must ensure issues and queries are quickly resolved
- Liaise with Loan Closers, Counterparties, Agent banks
- Action/authorise/supervise the daily loan settlement processing
- Act as referral point for the team and provide guidance and training
- Settlement of LMA par trades within the secondary loan market
- Accurate booking of Loans, Fees, Rate-Fixing, Settlements, Commitments and Sub Participations
- Scheduled and unscheduled events, some of a complex nature, to be resolved in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures.
- Monitoring/tracking/reporting of all trade settlements using appropriate workflow tools
- Escalating control gaps and issues to senior management
- Resolving complex problems where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of loan procedures and industry standards.
- Assist in UAT testing of projects and new enhancements
Knowledge and experience required of the Loan Settlements AVP:
- Experience of secondary loan settlements OR Loans Administration
- Very good understanding of common market practices.
- Experience of supervising or mentoring staff
- Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Strong awareness of risk and control framework.
- Demonstrable market risk, operational risk and control awareness.
- Attention to details / high level of accuracy