An exciting new role has become available with our buyside private debt client who is based in London and Europe. We are seeking an experienced Loans Administrator to join a small, expanding loan servicing team who incorporated LoanIQ last year.
Main Responsibilities of the Loan Servicing Analyst:
- Primary responsibility for maintaining the portfolio asset records in the loan servicing system across all funds
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to meet key loan documentation or service provider obligations
- Collaborate with the treasury and accounting team to facilitate investment funding and nav closings
- Review legal documentation related to the investment and identify all pertinent information required for servicing
- Book loans and other asset classes (current system: Loan IQ) and manage all related activity such as interest and fee payments, drawdowns, rollovers, prepayments and ad hoc payments
- Perform the agency role – calculation, notice generation and distribution and responding to queries
- Liaise with third party agents for loan activity.
- Administer and capture covenant changes, waivers and amendments, assist with the processing of lender transfers as required
- Respond to lender / borrower queries that relate to the underlying portfolio assets
- Facilitate investment funding and exit process / periodic NAV Closes
- Collaborating with the treasury team and deal team to plan funds flow schedules and execute investment cash fundings, as well as deal exits
- Work alongside the ‘Systems & Projects’ team to periodically enhance the existing loan servicing application configuration to optimise day-to-day operations
- Provide core user feedback to the technical team and participate in testing to facilitate the implementation of process improvements
Skills and Experience Required of the Loan Servicing Analyst:
- Loan Servicing experience (comparable fund environment or Loan Agency experience preferred) across various asset classes (pan-European)
- Understanding of loan documentation
- Established operational experience using Loan IQ or any comparable system.
- Strong data mindset and control awareness
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational and project management skills to priorities workload and keep key stakeholders informed
- Self-motivated, team player with an independent working style.