We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the corporate lending operations function of an international bank. You will act as a Deal Manager with the primary function of building deals within the LoanIQ system and being the main contact for investors and internal stakeholders.
Main responsibilities of the Deal Manager:
- Booking of New (Bi-lateral, Agency and Syndicated Participations) Deals & Facilities in Lending Source System, ensuring accuracy of data capture.
- Governance and management of initial pay away conditions in line with the New Deal / New Facility checklists
- Completion of Security build in source booking system
- Input & tracking of all conditions subsequent, including Credit defined sell downs
- Collation and record retention of transaction With Holding Tax forms
- Reconciliation of Derivatives booking versus Loan profiles to ensure the hedge is effective
- Completion and Handover of transaction notes to
Deal Lifecycle Management:
- Oversight overdue covenants and breaches for escalation
- Oversight of security valuation and booking accuracy
- Filing of relevant documentation
- Oversight of Reconciliations and active management to clear complex breaks and long dated items.
- Management of Portfolio transfers in accordance with the Portfolio Transfer Policy
- Oversight of arrears for communication with Business Lines, Credit and Credit support teams within own portfolio
- Production of Risk Event write up’s and analysis to close out gaps and reduce risks within the operating environment.
- Completion of the termination process for deals / facilities
Skills and knowledge required of the Deal Manager:
- Experience of building deals
- Ability to interpret and operationalise credit, ancillary & security documentation.
- Strong Understanding of lending risk environment
- Pro-active “can do” approach with the ability to problem solve in a collaborative environment
- Strong analytical mind-set
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to build and manage relationships with all stakeholders
- Must be driven to facilitate, drive change and optimise efficiencies
- Be accountable and take ownership for the role