Our client, one of the world’s leading banks, are looking for a Loan Documentation Analyst, to join their London office on an on-going temporary basis.
You will be the operational subject matter expert in loan documentation, providing support to all EMEA Front Office business departments for the efficient execution and control of new transactions including the review of contractual documentation and subsequent booking in the operational systems (loaniQ)
Key Responsibilities of the Loan Documentation Analyst:
- To ensure lending documentation is consistent with key terms and conditions of credit applications and all pre and post conditions are satisfied accordingly.
- Provide comprehensive pre-execution operational review and approval of all lending documentation, ensuring product meets guidelines for systematic and operational booking requirements.
- Review and approve Terms and Conditions of credit application against lending documentation to ensure lending documentation and credit terms are aligned, avoiding any breaches.
- Supporting Front Office, Planning Dept and local EMEA offices with documentation and booking of Risk Participations to ensure exposure is correctly managed and no internal limits are breached.
- Review and approval of Conditions Precedent are satisfied prior to funding and drawdown.
- Identification, origination and approval of documented financial covenant obligations of the borrower in the Bank’s operating system.
- Review and approve Credit Risk Insurance policies against the credit application, ensuring key terms and conditions are correct prior to execution.
- Registration and approval of relevant collateral / guarantees in Loan IQ and GBR.
- Quality control of all credit limit information, including data input of all systematic limits, review of all lending documentation and adherence to local regulatory requirements in EMEA.
- Review and approve all lending documentation, ensuring operational aspects are controllable and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Execution and approval of consistency check between lending documentation and credit approval in GBR, providing final sign off of Key Terms & Conditions, including fulfilment of credit conditions.
- Constructively challenge and influence change to enhance business performance for the Section and Department to ensure best practise is established.
- Participation in project related work for both Departmental and Bank wide initiatives.
Knowledge and skills required of the Loan Documentation Analyst:
- In-depth experience in a financial services environment with exposure to syndicated loan markets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of loans including the working mechanics of the credit approval process.
- A sound understanding of Loan Market Association working practices.
- An understanding of key risks and associated control points in the transaction lifecycle.
- Ability to contribute towards bringing a solution based approach to issues, working with the team to move transactions forward.
- Well organised, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and takes the initiative to provide high quality levels of service to both the Bank’s internal and external customers.
- Continually challenge the status quo and look for new ways to improve existing process and procedure.