Our client, a leading global bank, is looking for an ambitious, experienced Loan Closer to join their team at AVP level.
As a part of the Loan Closing position, you will support the firms Origination and Distribution teams to successfully buy, sell and syndicate transactions in the market. You will ensure documentation is effectively structured and aligned with key credit terms and conditions.
- You have expertise in relation to loan transfer documentation and loan settlements
- You have a good knowledge of ClearPar.
- An excellent understanding of key risks and associated control points in the transaction lifecycle
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and use initiative throughout the day.
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and takes the initiative to provide high quality levels of service to both the Bank’s internal and external customers.
Responsibilities of the Successful Loan Closer AVP:
- Primary responsibility is to support the Banks Origination and Distribution teams, ensuring timely execution of documentation in relation to Primary Syndication and Secondary Trading transactions.
- Reviewing and understanding syndicated credit agreements with specific focus on transfer mechanics.
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting LMA standard documents and other trade-related documents including confirmations, assignment agreements and participation agreements.
- Coordinating with internal and external legal counsel to agree to proposed changes to trade documents.
- Identifying and escalating issues to the front office trading teams , internal legal counsel and operations management.
- Working directly with counterparties, internal partners and external Agents to resolve issues and ensure timely closure.
- Creating and understanding key metrics reporting for daily / weekly / monthly reporting of open / closed / new trade population.
- Coordinating timely and precise trade settlement with various settlement groups across the Bank.
- Review and approve all lending documentation, ensuring operational aspects are controllable and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Constructively challenge and influence change to enhance business performance for the Section and Department to ensure best practise is established.