Due to excellent growth in the syndicated Loans space which has inevitably led to an increase in the volume of primary & secondary trades, our client is seeking an experienced Loan Closer. You will initially start on a temporary basis with the intention to go permanent within a few short months.
Main Responsibilities of the Loan Closer:
- Perform the settlement function, closing primary and secondary loan trades, including review and completion of all funding memos and settlement documentation. Communication of same to all relevant settlement contacts, externally and internally.
- Significant interaction with senior management, clients, their trading counterparties, administrators, custodians, trustees and other departments relative to loan settlements and the on-going maintenance of the clients positions.
- Development and maintenance of smooth and harmonious client relationships.
- Investigation and resolution of closing and transactional breaks/issues in a timely manner.
- Participation in the daily/weekly preparation and review of trade status and risk reports provided to internal teams and senior managers.
- Updating the system and Excel spreadsheets
Experience and skills required of the Loan Closer:
- Loan Closing experience
- Understanding of loans including, LMA/ LSTA market settlements
- Knowledge of ClearPar and WSO is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivation with tangible examples of demonstrating drive and initiative
- Extremely detailed and control orientated;
- Solid client relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment in a productive manner