We have a fantastic opportunity for a Loans Agency Associate to join our clients London based office. Currently working from home you will be required to come into the office from January for team and client meetings up to 2 days per week.
The role is to support and actively manage the back and middle office functions of the Loan Agency team.
Main Responsibilities of the Loans Agency Associate:
- Act as primary owner of assigned deals; and work with the Loan Agency team to manage and communicate deal information to the borrower and lending group;
- Maintain expert knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal related documentation;
- Liaison with clients, external transaction parties and internal deal teams to ensure the smooth setup and ongoing management of the transaction;
- Responsible for the accurate recordkeeping and execution of all loan and client activities including: monitoring borrowing status, preparing new borrowings, rollovers, rate sets, conversions, repayments and prepayments as well as the distribution of borrower financials and other information pertaining to the credit to the lending group;
- Review of transaction documentation at the deal set up stage and for transaction obligations after the closing of a transaction, establish necessary procedures for on-going management of the transaction;
- Dealing with amendment/waiver/consent requests from the clients.
- Ensuring that annual reviews, billing and other internal controls are conducted and observed;
- Developing a working relationship with clients, law firms, investments banks and other industry professionals;
- Help mentor, support and develop the junior team members
- Maintaining management information systems and processes for individual transactions;
- Assist with internal KYC and on-boarding processes;
- Maintain knowledge of regulations and developments in the loans/banking field.
Skills and Experience required of the Loans Agency Associate:
- Experience in a similar role;
- Competent in all MS Office packages
- Fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Familiarity and understanding of payment systems and processes;
- First class client service skills;
- Strives for high standards of delivery to clients;
- Generate ideas for improvement based on past experience;
- Communicates (verbally and through written work) information in a clear and concise manner;
- Understands and applies control and risk and governance frameworks consistently;
- Acts with integrity;
- Trustworthy team member who considers those around them.