Our client, a successful multinational bank, is seeking an experienced Loan Operations OR Loan Middle Office professional to join their London Credit Limit and Control team. Training will be provided.
Main Responsibilities of the Credit Limit and Control Analyst:
- Monitor and review all new committed/uncommitted credit facilities approved by Credit Department.
- Review and approve all lending documentation, ensuring operational aspects are controllable and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Execution and approval of consistency check between lending documentation and credit approval in GBR, providing final sign off of Key Terms & Conditions, including fulfilment of Credit Conditions.
- Execution and approval of credit limits in the banks operating system
- Report and monitor credit limit breaches in the Bank’s operating systems, ensuring business departments provide explanations and action to rectify issues where necessary. Escalate breaches in accordance with internal procedures.
- Identification, origination and approval of documented financial covenant obligations of the borrower in the Bank’s operating system.
- Support project work as and when required.
Experience required of the Credit Limit and Control Analyst:
- Experience in a Financial Services environment.
- Exposure to loan OR trade finance related documentation.
- Familiar with the workings of standard Loan Market Association documentation.
- Understanding of key risks and associated control points in the transactions lifecycle.
- Well organised, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate good communication, teamwork and inter-personal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and use initiative throughout the day.
- Forward thinking and confident in challenging existing processes where improvements or enhanced controls are required.