One of the largest multinational banks are seeking a Loans candidate with solid operational documentation experience to join their Execution Control team.
This role proactively provides support to all EMEA Front Office business departments for the efficient execution and control of new business-related transactions in relation to syndicated Loans. Including the review of contractual documentation and subsequent booking in operational systems including LoanIQ
Main Responsibilities of the AVP Execution Control:
- Operational subject matter expert in loan documentation.
- Ensure lending documentation is consistent with key terms and conditions of credit applications and all pre and post conditions are satisfied accordingly.
- Provide key controls to Front Office and other departments
- Provide comprehensive pre-execution operational review and approval of all lending documentation
- Review and approve Terms and Conditions of credit application against lending documentation to ensure lending documentation and credit terms are aligned, avoiding any breaches.
- Supporting Front Office, Planning Dept and local EMEA offices with documentation and booking of Risk Participations to ensure exposure is correctly managed and no internal limits are breached.
- Review and approval of Conditions Precedent are satisfied prior to funding and drawdown.
- Identification, origination and approval of documented financial covenant obligations of the borrower in the Bank’s operating system.
- Review and approve Credit Risk Insurance policies against the credit application, ensuring key terms and conditions are correct prior to execution.
- Unlimited approval responsibility for authorising commitments on the Banks systems
- Quality control of all credit limit information, including data input of all systematic limits, review of all lending documentation and adherence to local regulatory requirements in EMEA.
- Review and approve all lending documentation, ensuring operational aspects are controllable and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Execution and approval of credit limits in the banks operating system LoanIQ
- Development of procedures and business process flows with Front Office & Finance Dept for unstructured transactions, ensuring booking methodology is agreed and understood.
- Constructively challenge and influence change to enhance business performance for the Section and Department to ensure best practise is established.
- Participation in project related work for both Departmental and Bank wide initiatives.
Skills and Experience required of the Execution Control Assistant Vice President:
- In-depth experience in a financial services environment with exposure to syndicated loan markets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of loan documentation
- A sound understanding of Loan Market Association working practices.
- Ability to contribute towards bringing a solution-based approach to issues, working with the team to move transactions forward.
- Well organised, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and use initiative throughout the day.
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and takes the initiative to provide high quality levels of service to both the Bank’s internal and external customers.