Our global client, based in London, is looking for a skilled syndicated loan trade support specialist to join their Par & Distressed Loan Trading Desks in their middle office.
You will be part of a newly formed, fast-paced team that provides support to the growing Loans business. The successful candidate will serve as an essential liaison between the Sales and Trading desks and their counterparties, as well as the relevant support functions including Closing.
This is an exciting time in the Syndicated Loan Market and this role will provide valuable exposure to all areas of the business. The ability to multi-task and prioritize are essential to be successful in this role.
Responsibilities of the Loan Trade Support Role:
- Support both complex and vanilla loan trades for the EMEA Par and Distressed Trading Desks
- Support equity, bonds and note bookings in relation to loan trading.
- Reconcile PnL breaks daily or as needed
- Build and maintain loan reference data on new issue and amended credit agreements
- Work with Trade Closing to identify and escalate trade breaks
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports and distribute to key stakeholders
- Analyze and comment on daily front-to-back reconciliation and exception reports
- Ensure quality control over the trade details input into the Front Office trade capture systems
- Investigate queries raised by Trade Closing, Operations, Legal, Compliance and Product Control
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting to the Trading and Sales Desks and Business Management
- Participate in special projects as needed to improve the workflow and efficiency of the business
- Stay up to date on LMA and market-wide initiatives
Experience and Skills of the successful Loan Trade Support Specialist:
- Experience in a loan trade support function preferred
- Must be passionate about providing excellent customer service to internal and external clients
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to self-motivate and work as part of a team