Our buy side are seeking a permanent Loan Operations Analyst to work in their London based team.
This role presents an opportunity to join the team during an exciting period of growth. Supporting the Head of Operations, the successful candidate will be able to make an impact daily and develop their career within an ambitious and energetic organisation.
Main Responsibilities of a Loan Operations Analyst:
- Responsible for Administrating rollovers, principal payments, capitalisations, rate fixings and all movements in loan and bond portfolio
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of portfolio positions
- Reviewing all agent notices, validating/reconciling interest and fees and principal commitments
- Work closely with Head of Debt Operations/Debt Fund Controllers
- Day to day maintenance of loan positions
- Use internal systems in respect of trade activity
- To monitor and report primary and secondary trades settlement workflow, coordinating the signing process and compiling closing binders
- Instructing cash movements in respect of purchases and reflecting trade positions within systems of records
- Liaise with the Compliance and Environment, Sustainability and Governance (“ESG”) teams regarding KYC requirements
- Assist in the preparation of the departments reporting and internal controls
- Assist with projects and ad-hoc tasks that further advance the abilities and scope of the team
- Awareness of industry initiatives and market trends that can impact the business model.
- Proactively seek ways to improve current processes by identifying inefficiencies and leveraging technology.
- Become familiar with LMA/LSTA loan documentation
- Assist with LMA/LSTA par and distressed loan trades and help facilitate the settlement through each step of the process from trade ticket to settlement
- Support bank loan settlement activities which include processing of LMA documentation for Primary and Secondary trades as well as updating ClearPar
- To monitor and report primary and secondary trades settlement workflow
The Successful Loan Operations Analyst will have:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in loan administration
- Solid understanding of bank loan settlement process
- Experience of LMA documentation desirable
- Strong attention to detail, highly organised and process driven
- Autonomous and independent
- Ambitious, driven and energetic
- A good team player and collaborative
- Humble and honest with the ability and willingness to learn from mistakes
- Client focused and committed to delivery