Our client, a successful & progressive bank, are seeking a Documentary Credits Coordinator to join their busy trade finance operations department based in the city of London
The main responsibilities of the Documentary Credits Coordinator:
- Process all aspects of advising New L/C’s including seeking FI approval, checking workability of L/C’s and ensuring required SLA’s are met.
- Process amendments as required.
- Ensures that documents under letters of credit are first checked so that a response can be given within agreed turnaround times.
- Ensures that any discrepancies in the documents presented are referred to the customer/beneficiary/presenting bank
- Effects payments/acceptances under letters of credit and deals with the disposal of the documents
- Effects payments under letter of credit reimbursement authorities.
- Responds promptly to all payment related queries and enquiries
- Other duties; including processing Import L/C’s and Documentary Collections, (Export/Import).
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable regulatory requirements
- Identify any new risks/control gaps within own area and escalate accordingly to your Line Manager and/or Head of Trade Services.
- Act as the “First Line of Defence”.
- Responsible for the accurate execution of Financial Crime Prevention controls
Experience and skills required of the Documentary Credits Coordinator:
- A minimum of 2 years documentary credits experience within a similar bank.
- Knowledge of UCP, ISBP, URR and URC.
- Previous Eximbills experience an advantage but not essential