Our client, a successful multinational Bank, are looking for a hands on AVP Loan Settlements Senior Analyst to join their busy and growing London office.
You will be responsible for managing the settlement of LMA Par Trades within the secondary loan market and the continuous maintenance of commitments with agent banks. You will be required to manage your own portfolio of loans whilst providing supervisory oversight for the team.
This is a role for a seasoned professional with in depth knowledge of the loans market and extensive experience of trade settlements and loan administration.
Main Responsibilities of the AVP Loan Settlements Senior Analyst:
- Loan Settlements Senior Analyst is responsible for processing the daily settlements of LMA par trades closed in the secondary market.
- The jobholder will liaise with Loan Closers, Counterparties, Agent banks, and various internal departments to ensure timely and professional settlement of trades.
- Ensuring all BAU activities are completed within deadlines, ensuring processes & controls are adhered to
- Action/authorise/supervise the daily loan settlement processing across the EMEA region
- Act as referral point for the team and provide guidance and training where necessary
- Support the Section Head in decision making and strategic planning.
- Settlement of LMA par trades within the secondary loan market and continuous maintenance of commitments held with Agent banks.
- Accurate booking of Loans, Fees, Rate-Fixing, Settlements, Commitments and Sub Participations
- Scheduled and unscheduled events, some of a complex nature, to be resolved in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures.
- Build relationships throughout the business to establish a peer network.
- Resolving complex problems where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of loan procedures and industry standards.
- Assist in UAT testing of projects and new enhancements
- Seek to improve operational procedures and controls within the group. Identify weakness, articulate these and offer up solutions.
Experience required of the AVP Loan Settlements Senior Analyst:
- At least 2 years’ experience of secondary loan settlements
- Extensive knowledge of loan product and servicing specifics for syndicated loans, secondary loans trading and secondary loan settlements.
- Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Strong awareness of risk and control framework.
- Ability to multitask to complete all aspects of this role and to meet deadlines or required standards.